The Magical Slow Cooker is a popular blog of super simple, foolproof and family-friendly slow cooker recipes. In other words, it’s your answer to the perpetual question “What should I cook tonight?” Oregon-based mom of one (a 9-year-old daughter) Sarah Olson started the site in 2013, and in January, her first cookbook, The Magical Slow Cooker: Recipes for Busy Moms, was published. Although her site and cookbook have plenty of go-to weeknight dinners, this spin on a Starbucks classic caught our eye, and it’s a favorite of hers, too. “I love that this recipe isn’t overly sweet and has plenty of pumpkin spice flavor,” says Sarah. We’ll be making it (and maybe throwing in a little Vanilla vodka) for parties and holidays all season long!
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Lattes
- 7 cups hot brewed coffee measure it after it is brewed, don’t trust the measurements on the carafe-my favorite is Peets Major Dickason’s
- 1 cup canned 100% pumpkin puree(labeled 100% pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1½ cups half and half or heavy cream
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 7 Tbsp. white sugar
- aerosol whipped cream or homemade if your feeling ambitious
- nutmeg for garnish
- In a 5 quart or larger slow cooker, add the coffee, pumpkin, half and half, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla and sugar. Stir.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 45min-1 hour, or until hot.
- Stir, and serve topped with whipped cream and nutmeg. Can be refrigerated and reheated in microwave!